History of the emblematic Hotel S'Agaró
Hotel Monumental was inaugurated in 1929 as one of the best and most luxurious hotels of that recently called Costa Brava. A true precursor of the quality tourism of this coast and scene of the foundation of the first Tourist Board of the Costa Brava in 1932 and the first congress of tourism of the Costa Brava in 1935.
In the same year, it becomes "Escola de S'Agaró", an elite boarding school unfortunately short-lived due to the Spanish Civil War, during which the hotel is destined for a military hospital to basically welcome refugees and members of international brigades injured in combat.
After the war and under the name of Hotel de la Playa, it resumed its hotel activity and was in 1988 when, after a few years of inactivity, it was fully expanded and renewed, giving rise to the current S'Agaró Hotel that welcomes them today and welcomes them.